Frequency of Service
One Pick Up Per Week
Pick ups on Fridays for:
- All single-family homes, duplexes, and triplexes
- Church Street Station
Two Pick Ups Per Week Year-Round
Pickups are scheduled on Thursdays and Fridays for:
- Hartford Square and Larkspur
One & Two pick ups per week periodically
Pick ups are scheduled once a week on Fridays from September 1 through May 31 and twice a week on Thursdays and Fridays in June, July, and August for:
- Court J
- Freemont Junction
- Rainbow Point West
- Rainbow Pointe Sacramento
- Tall Oaks
All garbage, refuse, recyclables, and yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day. Garbage, refuse, recyclables, and yard waste may not be set out any earlier than 5 p.m. on the day preceding a pickup. All garbage, refuse, or recycling containers and any garbage, refuse, construction debris, landscape waste, white goods, or other material left at the curb line or parkway area after collection by Groot Industries must be removed within 24 hours.
Items Not Approved for Pickup
The following items that will not be picked up:
- Any garbage, refuse, or landscape waste container exceeding 70 pounds.
- More than one container of construction debris or remodeling items such as:
- Counter tops
- Aluminum siding
- Garage doors
- Large automobile parts
- Swimming pools
- Large logs
- Tree stumps in excess of six inches in diameter or 70 pounds
These items will be taken on a special pickup basis only; scheduled in advance. Special pickups are C.O.D. only, unless other arrangements have been made. Call Groot Industries at 866-782-5161 to arrange a special pickup.
Items approved for pickup
The following items that will be picked up:
- Household garbage and refuse in plastic or metal cans no greater than 35-gallon capacity or plastic bags at the curb.
- A maximum of one container of sod, rock, construction debris, drywall, etc. in a container or bundled and weighing no more than 70 pounds.
Termination of Service
Refuse pickup service will be terminated at a residence where the bill is 30 days past due. No late notices are sent. The addresses of those customers are submitted to the Village for further action. Putting trash at a neighbor's home or disposing of your trash at a location other than your curb on the designated service day is not permitted.