Proclamations are a special way to recognize an organization, person, cause or special event. Choose a year from the above menu to view Proclamations by year.
Instructions for accepting proclamations and recognition at a Village Board meeting:
1. Proclamations and recognitions are presented at the beginning of the meeting. It is advised that you arrive a few minutes beforehand.
2. If you or anyone in your party has mobility issues, please let the Mayor’s Office know beforehand so we can have staff deliver the proclamation or recognition to you. A hand-held microphone can be made available.
3. If possible, please sit on the left side of the chambers near the front where the podium as you face the dais.
4. The Mayor will begin by reading the proclamation/recognition. At that time, you may come forward and accept the proclamation, then to the podium to say a few words. You may bring others with you.
5. Please identify yourself and anyone else at the podium with you by name and your organization and title. You may make brief comments up to three minutes.
6. After accepting the proclamation or recognition, you may be seated or feel free to leave the meeting.
If you have any questions, please call the Village Manager's Office at (630) 823-5609.