Guidance on Reopening
Due to high COVID positivity rates, new restrictions are now in effect in both Cook and DuPage County, including no indoor service. For more information, see STate Criteria (Cook is region 10; DuPage is region 8).
The Village has compiled resources on reopening after COVID-19. Please note this not legal guidance. Always follow CDC guidelines and consult an attorney if in doubt. If you are a restaurant, please see Outdoor Dining Criteria & Resources for Restaurants. Additionally, please see Links to Various Agencies for other agencies which post useful information about reopening.
- Back to Work Safely from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Open DuPage
- How to Effectively Communicate Your Reopening Plans for Customers
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business
Phase 4 Guidelines for Reopening Businesses & Returning to work safely
Under the Restore Illinois framework, certain businesses and activities are allowed to resume with IDPH-approved safety guidance in place. Phase 4 guidelines span 10 different industry categories. Common Guidelines (including workplace posters) can be found in the Phase 4 Business Toolkit. Here is a summary of changes made for Phase 4.
The State has issued additional health guidance on reopening. Please make sure to follow State guidelines, including a 6-foot social distancing requirements and:
- Checklist for Wellness Screenings
- Checklist for Employee Training
- Personal Care Services Guidelines, For personal care businesses, including salons and spas
- Para español, por favor vea
Directrices para Servicios de Atención Personal
- Hanover Park video on face coverings, disinfecting work areas, and proper removal of gloves
- OSHA has prepared guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- The CDC has produced Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
Restore Illinois Plan
Governor Gov. J.B. Pritzker has presented a plan for reopening Illinois that relies on five, data-driven phases. The governor said the move to each phase will depend on measurable progress against the COVID-19 coronavirus, including the regional availability of healthcare. The plan divides the state into four regions for purposes of reopening - Northeast Illinois, which includes Hanover Park, North Central Illinois, Central Illinois and Southern Illinois.