October is National Women’s Small Business Month
In honor of Women's Small Business Month and Manufacturing Month, The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity will be hosting a series of webinars geared towards women owned business owners to learn how to utilize national resources through government and the private /public business sector in order to succeed amidst a pandemic.
Illinois Manufacturing Association
League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
Latina Entrepreneurs NOW
Latina Executive and Entrepreneur Network (L.E.E.N.)
Mujeres Latinas en Accion
Chicago Latina Moms
CEO of World Business Chicago
First Women's Bank
Black Women Business Owners of America
U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce
"Brand of U & How to Work it"
DCEO - OMEE, Groupon, LULAC - Latina Entrepreneurs NOW, Latina Executive and Entrepreneur Network (L.E.E.N.), Mujeres Latinas en Accion and Chicago Latina Moms will host a workshop on branding in today’s COVID-19 environment. The workshop will cover how entrepreneurs can brand and leverage technology to pivot their business to work for them during COVID-19, and will feature opening remarks from Deputy Governor Sol Flores. Learn from business ‘disruptors’ on how to capitalize using innovative approaches to position your business for success.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Register HERE
"All in for Women: BIG Webinar "
Join Ibie Hart, the women's business development manager, to learn about the Business Interruption Grant Program (BIG). In this webinar, women owned businesses will learn about eligibility, program details, and the application process. Technical assistance support will also be provided for the last 30 minutes of every session.
- Saturday, October 10, 2020 10:00 a.m. Register HERE
- Tuesday. October 20, 2020 2:00 p.m. Register HERE
- Tuesday, October 27, 2:00 p.m. Register HERE
"Empowering Her with Resources during COVID-19 and Civil Unrest"
Groupon and the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity present “Empowering Her with Resources during COVID-19 & Civil Unrest”. We will discuss fostering an inclusive business environment that uplifts Women owned business with resources through government and the private/public sector so that they may succeed amidst a pandemic. This conversation will feature opening remarks from MK Pritzker and a keynote from Andrea Zopp, CEO of World Business Chicago. Panelists include: Marianna Markowitz, CEO of the First Women's Bank, Charity Marcus, CEO of Black Women Business Owners of America, and Margot Dorfman, CEO of the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce, and more. You don't want to miss this!
Moderator: Ibie Hart, Women’s Business Development Manager, DCEO
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:00 p.m. Register HERE
- Erin Guthrie, Director, Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Andrea Zopp, President and CEO
- Melissa Thomas, CFO, Groupon
- MK Pritzker, First Lady, State of Illinois
- Charity Marcus, Founder, Black Women Business Owners of America (confirmed)
- Nik Sweeney, Owner of Amani Nicol Wellness and Groupon Merchant
- Marianne Markowitz, CEO, First Women’s Bank
- Fernanda Pedraza-Schmitt, Branch Manager, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Margot Dorfman,CEO, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce
"Women Get Involved in Manufacturing"
In honor of Women's Small Business Month and Manufacturing Month, this webinar will uplift women in the manufacturing industry through leaders sharing their insights and best practices.The hope is that students and community stakeholders will get a closer look at what it takes to enter the industry.
Moderator: Cindy Tomei, IMA Keynote: Erin Hallstrom, Influential Women in Manufacturing
- Samantha Chmielewski from Custom Aluminum
- Megan Parsons, Director of HR, Libman Mops
- Melissa Lederer , MHUB
- Annie Mouhapt, Mohop
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:00 p.m. Register HERE
Women Webinar Wednesdays
Join Ibie Hart, the women's business development manager, as she partners with the SBA and WBDC to support women owned business owners. We will be providing updates, programs and resources available to empower women as they start, scale, and improve their businesses. This space will be available every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month with the hope that it will be a reliable place to gain information
October 14 at 11am - Phyllis Shelton, SBA
October 28 at 11am - Tasha Brown, WBDC