Business Status: Pre-Venture, Startup, Existing
This webinar is for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and existing growth companies, who seek legal information that may impact owning and operating a business.
Michael Marshall is an associate attorney with Huck Bouma Attorneys at Law (www.HuckBouma.com). He has a wide-ranging practice that encompasses business and tax planning, formation, organizational governance, contractual agreements, dispute resolution, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), reorganizations, and succession planning. In addition, Michael has a significant state and local tax background that often leads to valuable insight for his business and individual clients.
Prior to joining Huck Bouma, Michael was a senior consultant with a big four firm in Chicago.
Michael earned a B.A. from Knox College and a J.D. and M.B.A. from DePaul University.
- Non-Compete Agreement with Your Former Employer
- Who Owns the Intellectual Property in Your Business?
- Choosing a Name, Name Searches, Trademarks
- Business Filings & Licenses
- Sole Prop. vs Corp. vs LLC
- Business Structure and Formation
- Legal Corporate Formalities
- Avoid Piercing the Corporate Veil
- Forming Business With Partners
- Website Use, Cross Links, Email Newsletters, Spam
- Due Diligence – On You, On Others
- Professional, Prepared, Organized Image - Legal Ducks in Row
- "Defend Trade Secrets Act" - Notices - New Law 5/11/16
- Name Searches and Trademarks When Adding Products
- Conflicts of Interest & Disclosure Conflicts
- Contracts – Tips, Tricks, Landmines
- Adding or Removing partners
- Shareholder Agreements
Seminar may last longer than two hours depending on the amount of questions.