Happy St. Patrick's Day!
The U.S. percentage of population with Irish ancestry is 10.1%. The Village wishes all of you a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day celebration.
If you’re hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party:
- Make sure your guests designate a sober driver in advance or help arrange ride-sharing with sober drivers.
- Serve plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Download a ride-sharing app on your phone to help partygoers, and keep phone numbers for local cab companies handy.
- Take keys away from anyone who is trying to drive impaired.
- Remember, you can be held liable if someone you serve is involved in an impaired driving crash.
If you’re going out for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Designate a sober driver ahead of time, and give that person your keys.
- If you don’t have a designated driver, call a cab, use ride-sharing, have a sober friend or family member pick you up, or stay where you are and sleep it off.
- Never let a friend leave your sight if you think they’re about to drive impaired.
- Buckle up – it’s your best defense in a crash.
Pedestrians are at risk, too. If you are walking, keep an eye out for cars. Designated drivers should remain alert for impaired walkers who may not obey street signs and pedestrian signals.