Hanover Park Releases Independence Day Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over/Click It or Ticket Crackdown Statistics
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEHanover Park, IL
July 18, 2019
Deputy Chief Terrence Sherrill
– Hanover Park Police Department made 2 drunk-driving arrests and issued 28 seat belt citations during the recent Independence Day Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over/Click It or Ticket
crackdown on drunk drivers and seat belt law violators, said Deputy Chief Terrence Sherrill.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort to get drunk drivers off our roadways and encourage seat belt use during the busy Independence Day holiday.
The Hanover Park Police Department joined forces with state and local law enforcement agencies in conducting the crackdown campaign, which featured high-visibility enforcement combined with a variety of outreach activities, including a media campaign and additional police activity. Extra emphasis was given to the late-night hours when statistics show the highest number of motorists drink and drive and the fewest buckle up.
During the twenty-two day mobilization, Hanover Park Police issued:
- 21 seat belt citations
- 7 child car seat citations
- 2 DUI arrests
- 21 suspended/revoked licenses arrests
- 26 no valid driver’s licenses arrests
- 44 uninsured motorists citations
- 92 speeding citations
- 25 distracted driver citations
- 167 citations for other violations
The recent law enforcement crackdown was coordinated by the Illinois Department of Transportation as part of the statewide Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over and Click It or Ticket