If my sanitary sewer backs up, who should I call?

Homeowners are responsible for the proper care and maintenance of their sewer service line beginning at the house and up to where it connects with the Village sewer main. Should a sewer blockage occur Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, contact the Public Works Department at (630) 823-5700, a village representative will come to your home and determine the location of the problem. After hours, call the non-emergency Police Department at 630-823-5500.   If the problem is a blockage in the Village main line, a Village crew will be dispatched to clear the obstruction. If not, you will be advised to call a Village licensed plumber to rod (clear) your homes sanitary sewer service line.

Show All Answers

1. When does hydrant flushing take place?
2. Why are hydrants flushed?
3. What can I do to prevent my pipes from freezing?
4. I’m experiencing low water pressure, what can I do?
5. There is a dead animal in the street, what should I do?
6. If my sanitary sewer backs up, who should I call?
7. Is your street light out, flickering or just not working properly?