Skip navigation
               Sitemap Contact Us Advanced Search
Village Clerk

Permits and Licenses

Following is information on permits and licenses.  If you have any questions about permits or licenses issued through the Village Clerk's Office, please call (630) 823-5602 for further information.  Additional information about licenses can be found in the Finance section.

Automatic Alarm Signaling Device Registration
Block Party Permits
Business Licenses
Contractor Licenses
Driver's License
Garage Sales
License Plates
Liquor License
Solicitor Permits

Back to TopAutomatic Alarm Signaling Device Registration

Persons wishing to install, operate or maintain a signaling device over a signal line to the monitoring system at the police department or to a privately operated central station must first obtain an annual permit.  Applications for permits are available in the Clerk's Office.  There is a $25.00 fee.   Click here to download the Business Automatic Alarm Signaling Device Registration form or  click here for the Home Automatic Alarm Signaling Device Registration form.

Back to TopBlock Party Permits

Block Party Permit applications are available in the Clerk’s Office.  There is no fee.  Please allow at least fourteen (14) working days to process your request and issue your permit.    Click here for the Block Party application form.

Back to TopBusiness Licenses

Before you may open a business in the Village you must register your business with the Village Clerk’s Office.  License fees depend upon type of business, square footage of the location and any vending machines operated at the location.  Please call or come into our office for an application form and payment schedule. Click link to download the Business License Application packet.   2017 New Business Guide Packet

Back to TopContractor Licenses

All contractors must register with the Village Clerk prior to doing work in the Village.  You may call or come into our office for an application and fee schedule.  A license permit bond is required naming the Village with a thirty-day cancellation notice in the amount of $10,000 except for sewer contractors.  Sewer contractor bonds must be in the amount of $20,000.  The bond must go through our licensing year which ends January 31st of the next year and name the Village of Hanover Park as the Bond Holder.  Click here for the Contractor Registration form.

Back to TopDriver's Licenses

A new resident from out-of-state has 90 days in which to obtain an Illinois driver’s license.  A written test, based on the Rules of the Road manual from the Secretary of State’s office, as well as a vision test are required.  Those with a valid out-of-state driver’s license are not required to take the road test.  The Rules of the Road booklet may be obtained from any of the Secretary of State offices.  Click here to go to the Community Directory in the Community section of our website, which includes phone numbers and addresses for Secretary of State offices.

Back to TopGarage Sales

Garage sales do not require a permit.  Signs may be placed only on private property.  Signs are not permitted in the parkway.  Additional sign information may be found here.

Back to TopLicense Plates

Requirements for obtaining Illinois state license plates for new residents may be obtained from the Secretary of State’s office.  Temporary Illinois registration and insurance must be obtained immediately when a new vehicle is purchased.  Click here to go to the Community Directory in the Community section of our website, which includes phone numbers and addresses for Secretary of State offices.

Back to TopLiquor License

Application for a Liquor License may be obtained through the Clerk’s Office.  Fees vary depending upon the type of Liquor License requested.  Arrangements for fingerprinting of the Principals must be made through the Clerk’s Office prior to the setting of a hearing date before the Liquor Commission.  A $500.00, nonrefundable hearing fee is required.

Back to TopSolicitor Permits

All solicitors working within Hanover Park are required to register with the Village.  No solicitors may disturb any household displaying a "No Solicitors Invited" sign.  The Village is not responsible for the character, products, or methods of any solicitor.  Always ask to see a solicitor’s Village registration, and report any unregistered or overly aggressive solicitor to the Police Department at once.  No fee is required from not-for-profit applicants.  Commercial applicants must submit two passport size photographs and pay a $25.00 fee for each solicitor.  Please allow seven working days to process your request.   Click here for the Charitable Solicitation Permit applicationClick here for the Commercial Solicitation Permit application.