Outdoor Dining & Resources for Restaurants
RESOURCES for Restaurants
Outdoor Dining Criteria
Due to the social distancing requirements necessary to protect people from the COVID-19 pandemic, Hanover Park has expanded outdoor seating options (policy summary) to include areas such as parking lots.
- If you are interested in pursuing outdoor dining, please contact Inspectional Services at (630) 823-5860 or IServices@hpil.org to submit a permit. See the full Hanover Park Outdoor Dining policy for full details.
- Hours of operation will be limited to 10:00 pm on weekdays and 11:00 pm on weekends.
- Restaurants will be required to sign a "hold harmless" agreement
- Restaurants will need a permit. See the permit handout for details on how to submit and basic requirements. There will be no fee for the permit and it will be valid for 90 days
- If a restaurant wishes to use a tent as part of their outdoor dining, see new temporary tent guidelines. Restaurants can apply on the same permit application for outdoor dining.
Additionally, please make sure to follow State guidelines, including a 6-foot social distancing requirements and:
- Restaurants & Bars For Outdoor Dining Guidelines
- Checklist for Businesses
- Checklist for Wellness Screenings
- Checklist for Employee Training
Hanover Park has issued Emergency Order 2, pertaining to the sale of alcohol for outdoor dining.
Additionally, always check our Guidance on Reopening. ServSafe has good food safety guidelines. Please see Hanover Park Small Business Assistance for free branded signage and website/Google assistance.